VEHICLES 4 VETERANS (V4V)
Our mission is to donate a working vehicle to as many local San Joaquin County, California veterans as possible that are in need of a vehicle. This vehicle will be used to go to work in, to transport their children to and from school/activities, to bring their family to medical appointments, etc.
We are seeking donated unwanted used vehicles, more vehicle auto repair shops who will donate to fully service these used vehicles, and also any financial donations from the community to help us to collect and repair these vehicles. We in turn donate these repaired vehicles to local veterans in need. No one in our organization is paid for their work, we are all unpaid donors, sponsors and volunteers.
Our plan is to eventually give away 1 free vehicle to a veteran every month. We plan on signing up at least 12 different vehicle repair shops that will completely donate their services to the V4V program, this way they only will donate their vehicle service work to do 1 vehicle per year.
We currently have 4 local vehicle repair companies in the V4V program, and seeking to sign up more. Which means at first we will do one vehicle every quarter (1 every 3 months). We also currently have other sponsors that are donating needed towing, smog, DMV transfer services and other needed items for the program.
This program is being sponsored by a 501c3 charity known as SMR and will be run by the VeteranHelp.net veterans group. Both SMR and VeteranHelp.net are San Joaquin County, California veteran charity based organizations. So, your donations will be tax deductible.
We feel that this program will greatly enhance the lives of local military veterans and their families, and it also gives individuals, businesses and the community a chance to show their appreciation and support to military veterans who have given so much to our Country.
Thank you for your support,
Michael L. Emerson
V4V Founder and Chairman
APPLYING FOR A VEHICLE
1. If you are selected to receive a donated vehicle you will need/agree to do the following:
A. You will allow us to use your name and photo images on our website and in the media to inform the public of the V4V donation and program.
B. You will attend the “Key Ceremony” to receive the keys and ownership of the vehicle.
C. You will assume all liabilities for the vehicle.
D. You will get and pay for any and all insurance needed to make the vehicle street legal.
E. SMOG testing will be donated, but you will pay any costs and fees such as SMOG certificates, auto registration and tag fees out of your own pocket to make the vehicle street legal.
F. You will sign a Global Liability Release.
G. You cannot sell or give the vehicle way for at least 2 years from the date you received it.
2. Please send us, at the email below, a few short paragraphs answering the following questions for your application:
A. How did you hear of the V4V program?
B. When and where did you serve?
C. What was your branch of service and rank when you were discharged?
D. Why do you need a donated vehicle?
E. How will you use the donated vehicle?
F. Are you willing and able to accept the stipulations and rules in the V4V program?
G. Will you promise to drive safely, not drink and drive or drive impaired in any way, and will always follow all laws while driving?
DONATING A VEHICLE
1. No European vehicles please.
2. No Convertible vehicles please.
3. Please the vehicle must be in working and serviceable condition (we cannot accept “junkers” – Only vehicles that work and only need minor repairs and upkeep will be accepted)
4. Any vehicle that we cannot repair will be returned to the donor.
5. Vehicle must have clear ownership title.
6. Donor must have the transfer paperwork to give to us to donate the vehicle when we pick it up.
VEHICLE REPAIR DONORS:
1. Perlu Advanced Auto Repair – Sponsor since 1 May 2019
2. Ohana Car Care Center – Sponsor since 10 May 2019
3. Fairway Automotive Repair – Sponsor since 15 May 2019
4. Convenient Car Care – Sponsor since 16 May 2019
OTHER DONOR SPONSORS:
1. Advanced Towing – Towing Vehicles – Since 16 May 2019
2. West Automotive – SMOG & DMV Transfers – Since 16 May 2019
3. Cal Customz – Graphics, Stickers, etc… – Since 16 May 2019
4. Enviro SMOG – Star SMOG – Since 10 June 2019
This program is sponsored by SMR (Saluting Military Recruits) which is San Joaquin County, California based 501c3 charity. SMR’s 501c3 number is #46-2207164. Donations to V4V through SMR are tax deductible. Contact the program’s chairman for details and on how you can help our local veterans.